All NHS organisations are required by the NHS Counter Fraud Authority (the NHS body responsible for tackling all forms of crime against the NHS), to have in place a Local Counter Fraud Specialist (LCFS) to combat fraud, bribery and corruption, and help safeguard NHS resources. Our provider is CW Audit, whose LCFS’s are accredited and are suitably qualified to carry out this work to the required national standard.
Any CCG employee, agency staff, contractors or members of the public who have suspicions of fraud within the CCG can approach the LCFS confidentially and anonymously. The activities of the LCFS include:
- Carrying out an agreed programme of preventative counter fraud and corruption activity
- Deciding whether internal/external referrals or matters raised through the whistleblowing process need to be investigated
- Investigating cases in accordance with the NHS Standard Contract (Service Condition 24) and the NHS Fraud and Corruption Manual; ensuring a full and fair investigation
- Reporting to the Executive Director of Finance (EDoF) to ensure she is kept appraised of all cases
- Reporting to the Audit Committee on all counter fraud work undertaken at the CCG
- Reporting any case to the police where necessary, in consultation with the Executive DoF, the Chief Accountable Officer and the NHS Counter Fraud Authority.
How can I report suspicion of fraud?
Where a report of a suspicion of fraud, bribery or corruption, against the NHS is being made, please provide as much information as possible. Advice will also be given where an individual has a concern but is not sure whether the matter is a fraud against the NHS.
To assist your understanding of the process please see the following fraud reporting flowchart.
Our nominated Local Counter Fraud Specialist is:
Mobile: 07545 502400
Secure email: email@example.com
Daily email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also report any concerns using the following referral form.
The CCG’s own Fraud Champion is Laura Clare who can be contacted directly via the CCG’s switchboard or internally via: email@example.com
Other members of team are:
Richard Loydall: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fiona Dwyer: email@example.com
Malcolm Taylor: firstname.lastname@example.org