The key to successful communication and engagement is recognising and understanding who our stakeholders are and the most effective way to communicate with them.
Our stakeholders include, but are not limited to, the following groups:
- Members of the public
- GP practices
- CCG staff
- Partner organisations (NHS England and NHS Information Shropshire Council, Telford and Wrekin Council, Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin Healthwatches)
- Provider organisations: Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust, Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust, West Midlands Ambulance Trust, Midlands Partnership Foundation Trust, Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Health Foundation Trust, Shropdoc (NB there are other multiple smaller providers according to the area of commissioning)
- Influencers (Councillors, MP's, Health Overview and Scrutiny Committee, Media, Health and Wellbeing Board Leads)
- Voluntary sector (Age UK, Alzheimer's Society, CVS, MIND)
- Professional bodies (Local Medical Council, Local Pharmaceutical Committee)
Understanding our stakeholders' needs is vital in everything we do and to understand the impact of the CCGs plans and decisions may have.
All executives have the responsibility to ensure the service redesign and commissioning functions of their teams have due regard to both the principles of engagement and the legal requirement.