Shropshire and Telford and Wrekin Patient Groups
Across Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin we have two large Patient Groups , who are committed to listening to patients voices:
Shropshire Patient Group
This is a volunteer network that represents, supports and encourages Patient Groups in medical practices in Shropshire. They strive to achieve the best possible healthcare in towns and villages across the county by making sure the voices of patients are heard by service providers.
For more information, go to their website www.shropshirepatientsgroup.org.uk
Telford Patients First Group
Membership is open to individual patients and representatives drawn from the GP Patient Participation Groups (PPGs) within Telford and Wrekin.
The aims of the group are:
- to proactively gather residents' and patients' feedback/opinions/views to deliver the best possible health and wellbeing outcomes for all the residents of Telford and Wrekin based upon best possible and available evidence
- to challenge the CCG commissioners, local authority and other health support agencies
- to encourage and promote healthier lifestyles that will help to increase life expectancy and reduce health inequalities across Telford and Wrekin
- to support and promote the health needs of vulnerable people across Telford and Wrekin
- to liaise with the PPGs and other patient groups represented in the membership group
Every month the group produce a comprehensive newsletter that is shared with the individual PPGs and other members
For more information, please contact current committee members:
Lynn 07954 077199 or Patrick 07770 353685