Local 16 and 17-year-olds encouraged to grab their COVID-19 jab this weekend
12 August 2021
Young people living in Shropshire Telford and Wrekin aged 16 and 17 are now able to get their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at one of our local vaccination clinics as part of the national “Grab a Jab” campaign from this weekend.
This news comes as the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) issued new advice last week that all 16 and 17 year olds receive their first dose of the Pfizer vaccine.
Young people within this age group can get their jab at one of our walk-in clinics across the county. The walk-in clinics offer a convenient option as people can drop in at any time between the advertised opening hours without making an appointment.
The following clinics are available for 16 and 17 year olds this weekend:
Louise House, Meole Village, Roman Road, Shrewsbury SY3 9JN
- Friday, 13 August, 10am to 2pm
- Pussycats Night Club, 17 Tan Bank, Wellington, Telford TF1 1HJ
- Saturday, 14th August, 2pm to 6pm
- Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Hospital, Gobowen, Oswestry, SY10 7AG
- Friday 13th – Monday 16th August, 8.30am-5pm
- Shrewsbury Indoor Bowls Centre – Shrewsbury Sports Village, Sundorne Road SY1 4RQ
- Friday 13th August, 8am-6pm
- Saturday 14th August, 8am-6pm
- Teldoc Malinslee Health Centre, Church Road, Telford, TF3 2BF
- Friday 13th August, 8.30am-6pm
- Saturday 14th August, 8.30am – 1.30pm
- Sunday 15th August, 1.30pm – 8pm
- Monday 16th August, 8.30am – 6pm
- Woodside Pharmacy, Park Lane Community Centre, Park Lane, Telford, TF7 5QZ
- Friday 13th August, 8am-5pm
- Saturday 14th August, 9am – 1pm
Steve Ellis, Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin vaccination programme lead said: “The local COVID-19 vaccination programme has already been really successful with over 670,000 first and second doses given to people living in Shropshire and Telford and Wrekin.
“We are really pleased to be able to open up vaccinations to 16 and 17 year olds and to protect even more people against COVID-19 so that we can get back to doing the things we love as quickly as possible.
“I would encourage anyone who is 16 or 17 to come forward for their vaccination as soon as they can.”
More details on our walk-in clinics for all age groups can be found here: COVID-19 vaccination walk-in clinic times (stwics.org.uk).
Page last updated 12 August 2021