For the latest information on coronavirus visit:
- For specific local information about the COVID-19 Vaccination Programme, please visit the Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin ICS website.
- You can also visit the UK Government website for the latest information about the Coronavirus Vaccine.
What to do if you think you have coronavirus:
If you have any of the following symptoms, you must get a test and self-isolate:
- a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
You should not go to your GP, pharmacy or hospital. If your symptoms are serious, or get worse, NHS 111 has an online coronavirus service that can tell you if you need further medical help and advise you what to do. You can also call NHS 111 direct.
Where can I go for testing?
If you have coronavirus symptoms, you should get tested. All testing sites operate on an appointment only basis – please do not attend without an appointment. Appointments can be booked via the NHS online booking system or by calling 119.
When booking, you will be shown a list of the nearest places to go for your test. The COVID testing window in England is now eight days. This means you will need to get the test done in the first eight days of having coronavirus symptoms.
Lateral flow testing:
In line with Government guidance, lateral flow testing for people without symptoms is now available free-of-charge twice a week across Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin;
People can pick up testing kits from a variety of locations to take home, they can do the test on site or they can order a kit for home delivery;
- More information about locations in Shropshire can be found here.
- More information about locations in Telford and Wrekin can be found here.
- For the latest information on Government testing and how to book a test, please click here.