This website is no longer being updated. NHS Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin Clinical Commissioning Group was abolished on 1 July 2022 and its functions were transferred to a new organisation, NHS Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin Integrated Care Board.


Please visit to continue your search, and find out more about the new organisation.

Access to GP Appointments

Extended Access

Patients registered at any Telford and Wrekin GP practice are able to access additional appointments outside the normal 8am-6.30pm weekday opening hours:

  • Weekdays (Monday-Friday) from 6.30pm-8pm
  • Weekends and bank holidays from 8am-8pm

Patients are able to pre-book appointments, for the majority of services, by contacting their own GP practice during normal opening hours.

If you are unable to get through to your own practice or the practice is closed, your call will be diverted to the Extended Access Call Centre and you will be offered an appointment either with a local GP, nurse or other healthcare professional.

Please note, when calling the Extended Access Call Centre, you will be asked for your consent for your medical records to be shared so the clinician you will be seeing will have full access to your records.

If you do not give consent for your records to be shared you will have to contact your GP practice during normal working hours in order to book an appointment.

Booking Appointments Online

Many GP practices offer online services where you may also pre-book an appointment, however you are only able to do this if you are registered for online services. If you have not already registered please collect your letter (Patient Access Form) from your GP practice.

Once you have obtained this, please click on the link below and follow the instructions to complete your online services registration. Once registered you will be able to book or cancel appointments and request repeat prescriptions online.

Temporary Residents

If you are not registered with a doctor but need to see one, you can receive emergency treatment from any GP surgery. If you need treatment for more than 14 days you will need to register with that GP surgery as a temporary or permanent patient.

You can register as a temporary resident if you plan to live near the GP surgery for up to three months. After three months you will have to apply to register with that surgery as a permanent resident. You can register temporarily with a GP while away from home for work, study or holiday. You'll still remain registered with your permanent GP.

Your temporary GP will pass details of any treatment you have to your GP, who will add the information to your medical records. If your application to become a temporary patient is refused, you can still receive emergency treatment for up to 14 days.

To register as a temporary resident in England, use ‘Find services’ to find GP surgeries near to your place of residence. The surgery will ask you to complete a ‘Temporary services form GMS3’.

If you urgently need medical help or advice but it’s not a life threatening situation you can call NHS 111. You can also call NHS 111 if you are unsure which NHS service you need.

Back to 'GP Practices'

Page last updated 7 April 2021