More About POD
The POD service has been developed and used across England to help you to request your medication(s) easily without the need to go into your GP Practice or Pharmacy.
The POD Team handle repeat medication requests for a number of Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin GP practices.
Currently we cater to patients of:
- Belvidere Medical Practice
- Bridgnorth Medical Practice
- Broseley Medical Centre
- Brown Clee Medical Practice
- Cambrian Medical Centre
- Caxton Surgery
- Charlton Medical Centre
- Churchmere Medical Group (formerly Bridgewater, Claypit Street and Ellesmere)
- Church Stretton Medical Practice
- Claremont Bank Surgery
- Cleobury Mortimer Medical Centre
- Court Street Medical Practice
- Dawley Medical Practice
- Donnington Medical Practice
- Highley Medical Centre
- Hollinswood and Priorslee Medical Practice
- Ironbridge Medical Practice
- Linden Hall Surgery
- Marden Medical Practice
- Marysville Medical Practice
- Mytton Oak Medical Practice
- Plas Ffynnon Medical Centre
- Radbrook Green Surgery
- Riverside Medical Practice
- Severn Fields Medical Practice
- Shawbirch Medical Practice
- Shawbury Medical Practice
- Shifnal and Priorslee Medical Practice
- South Hermitage Surgery
- Station Drive Surgery
- Stirchley Medical Practice
- Wellington Medical Practice
- Wem and Prees Medical Practice
You will speak to one of our dedicated and fully trained prescription clerks, who deal with your prescription request and any queries that you may have. They will ensure that you have the correct quantity of medications, reducing the amount of waste generated.
Our lines are busiest between 9am to 11am and all day on Mondays, so you may find that if you call between these hours, your call cannot be taken. Please remember that we have a team of up to 50 operators working within the call centre, which continues to grow as our practice list increases.
Please note: The POD team is part of NHS Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin Clinical Commissioning Group, and is not employed directly by your GP practice.
The POD Team can access your medical records, but cannot book appointments etc. All of your records are accessed securely and confidentially in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
If you already have an arrangement with your community pharmacy for deliveries, this will not change. You simply need to request your prescription with POD, rather than with them directly.