Where to go if you’re feeling unwell this Bank Holiday
Just in case you need medical help this August Bank Holiday weekend, it’s important to know which service is best suited to your needs.
Your GP practice may be closed on Monday 30 August, but a range of NHS services are available depending on your medical need.
Pharmacists are trained health professionals who can advise or signpost you to the relevant care and provide over-the-counter treatments. They can advise on issues such as colds, tummy troubles, sore eyes and ears, rashes and also sexual health.
To check the Bank Holiday opening times of your local pharmacy, please visit the NHS website or see the list of local pharmacy opening times below.
If you are showing any symptoms of COVID-19 such as a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or loss of taste or smell, please stay at home and use the dedicated NHS 111 COVID-19 service for advice.
For non-emergencies, you can also contact NHS 111 online or call 111 free from landlines and mobile phones. The service is available 24 hours a day, including Bank Holidays, and after answering a few questions you will be directed to the best place to get the medical help and advice you need.
For more information, please visit:
Here is a list of local pharmacy opening times for Monday 30 August:
- Green End Pharmacy, 11-13 Green End, Whitchurch, SY13 1AD – 11am to 12pm
- Brown & Francis, 49 Bull Ring, Ludlow, SY8 1AB – 11am to 12pm
- Murrays Healthcare, Maer Lane, Market Drayton, TF9 3AL – 11am to 12pm
- Boots, 7-9 Pride Hill, Shrewsbury, SY1 1DD – 10am to 5pm
- Tesco Pharmacy, Cattle Market, Battlefield Road, Shrewsbury, SY1 4HA –9am to 6pm
- Boots, 5-7 Church Street, Owestry, SY11 2SU – 10am to 4pm
- Asda Pharmacy, Old Potts Way, Shrewsbury, SY3 7ET – 9am to 6pm
- Lloyds Pharmacy, Meole Brace Retail Park, SY3 9NB Hereford Road, Shrewsbury – 10am to 4pm
- Boots, Meole Brace Retail Park, Hereford Road, Shrewsbury, SY3 9NB – 9am to 6pm
- Morrisons Pharmacy, Springhill. Telford, TF1 1RP – 10am to 4pm
- Tesco Pharmacy, Wrekin Retail Park, Arleston, Wellington, Telford, TF1 2DE – 9am to 6pm
- Asda Pharmacy, St George’s Road, Telford, TF2 7RX – 9am to 6pm
- Boots, Forge Retail Park, Colliers Way, Telford,TF3 4AG – 9am to 6pm
- Boots, 4 -10 North Sherwood Street, Telford, TF3 4AU – 10am to 5pm
- Asda Pharmacy, Southwater Way, Malinsgate, Telford, TF3 4HZ – 9am to 6pm
- Boots, 30-31 High Street, Bridgnorth, WV16 4DB – 11am to 3pm